Fleas? Oh, Geez!
Flea infestations are miserable for everyone except the fleas. These parasites are serious threats to your pet’s health. We recommend year-round flea prevention in Lawrence Kansas and can recommend the preventative products that are best for your pet.
- A female flea can lay more than 50 eggs a day. That adds up to a serious infestation in no time
- Fleas multiply in your pet’s bed, your bed, floors, furniture, closets, pillows, blankets, carpets, drapes, and other dark corners of your home
- Fleas can jump up to 13”, making it very easy for them to hop a ride inside your home
- Adult fleas feed on blood, from your dog and cat, and they can feed on you and your family too
- Fleas cause itching, skin irritation, and in some pets they cause Flea Allergy Dermatitis
- A heavy infestation of fleas can cause anemia in your pet
- Fleas transmit tapeworms – which dangerous to your pet’s health
- Resolving a flea infestation in your home is frustrating, costly, and time-consuming… it can take months
- Even pets who are 100% indoors can be exposed and infested; fleas can be tracked in on things like your shoes, or another family pet
The only way to keep your pet and your home safe is to use year-round prevention for all pets in the home. Ask us what product will work best for your pet. Our staff can help you.
Don’t let ticks TICK you off
Few things are as disgusting and frightening as ticks. They carry diseases that can spread to humans, dogs and cats. No pet owner ever wants to have to mess around with ticks. The diseases they spread can affect your pet for the rest of their lives. We can select and recommend the most effective preventative products that are best for your pet. Contact us today.
- Ticks are not usually born carrying disease. They become a carrier by feeding on wild animals
- Ticks can live for up to 3 years
- Before laying eggs, a female tick consumes 600 times her body weight in blood
- Females can lay up to 3,000 eggs at a time
- Ticks can’t jump and don’t fall from trees like most people think, they actually transfer on to hosts animals or people when they walk through long grass/bushes/brush.
- Ticks transmit Lyme disease, Ehrlichiosis, Anaplasma, and also Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever all affect a pet for life and have many serious side effects
It is wise to prevent ticks in the first place. Our educated and knowledgeable team can recommend and select the best preventative for your pet. Contact us today.